Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bread Of Life

For my twelfth birthday, my grandparents gave me a little box which read: Bread Of life. It Also said: Give us this day our daily bread. That means we must rely on the Father for our bread for our bodies as well as bread for our souls. It is a little box with little cards that have verses printed on them.













I never really looked at it much and and looked at the other gifts I had been given.

This little box with verses in, had been kept behind the computer screen for quite a while - quite forgotten - quite dusty, but there, ready for one of us to open it's case and read the promises that God gave to us on it's cards.

I had completely forgotten about this little box, but when I found it, I wanted to look at those cards every day. Every verse I read, seemed to be so apt.

This little box is so special. It contains beautiful verses on which I can dwell on every day.

"For His compassion's never fail. They are new every morning". Lamentations 3:22-23, NIV

"Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is". Jeremiah 17:7, KJV

"For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their prayer. 1 Peter 3:12, NIV

Such verses come at the time when you need them. We find verses and read verses, and hear of verses that have meaning and encourage us to carry on and complete the test and to do it cheerfully!

This little box, is truly: The Bread Of life!

No comments: