Sunday, August 7, 2011

Heidi's Fortnightly Baking Fun Challenge - Chocolate!!!

Hello everyone, I have another recipe to show you for Heidi’s baking challenge!  This fortnight’s theme is: Chocolate!  What a wonderful theme for chocolate lovers!  I am not really a chocolate fan myself, but the rest of my family love treats, so I made Cappuccino and Milk Chocolate Chip Muffins – very decadent but so delicious!


Cappuccino and Milk Chocolate Chip Muffins

This recipe makes 12 muffins.

2 eggs
375ml buttermilk
5ml vanilla essence
180g butter, melted
100g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
65ml strong coffee
625ml self-raising flour
125ml castor sugar
45ml brown sugar

Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Combine eggs, buttermilk, vanilla essence, 150 melted butter, milk chocolate and strong coffee. Sift together the flour, castor sugar and mix to combine. Spoon into greased oversized muffin tray. Brush the remaining melted butter over top of muffins and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake until a skewer inserted comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes.



If I should happen to be in the top three favourite recipes, please hop over to Heidi’s blog and vote for me! Hope you enjoy the muffins:)

Blessings,
Kelly-Anne

4 comments:

Linnie said...

Wow, this look delicious, Kelly-Anne! I'm surely going to try these muffins - I'm a sucker for any muffin, add to it chocolate and coffee, yummy!

Heidi-Mari said...

Hey Kelly!
Thank you for joining my baking challenge again!!
Your muffins looks great! As you saw we are going to try them!
Good luck in the voting my friend!
Have a blessed week
Heidi-Mari
P.S. Tomorrow night I will do a separate post on how the new voting works!
So be sure to advertise it so people can vote for you!

melissa said...

Yours Also looks very yummy!
Mel from Just a girl

Kelly-Anne said...

Hi Melissa, thanks so much!! I think I like chocolate after all:-)

Hi Heidi, I'll be sure to check I never miss a post on your beautiful blog:) Love you lots!

Dear Aunty Linnie, thanks so much for stopping by! So glad you also like muffins:) Lots of love, Kelly-Annexxx