Monday, January 4, 2010

Turning 13!

Yesterday was my thirteenth birthday. It was an amazing day and God really provided in miraculous ways for this special birthday of mine.

Since the beginning of 2009, my mom had been praying that she and my dad would be able to get me a digital camera for my next birthday. She knew that I loved taking photographs and wanted to be a photographer one day. I used to borrow my mom and dad's camera to take any pictures that I wanted to take, including flowers, 1 million photos of showjumping and just about any other action photograph that captured a moment in life. I would go everywhere with my parent's big Kodak camera attached to my side! When I mean big, I am not joking! It was so difficult to take a picture that needed to be low down! I would literally have to 'get' down there!

As I was saying, mom had been praying for a camera for me.

About 6 or 7 weeks ago, my dad went to one of the parents in the school he teaches at, to look at some of the photographs that the family had taken on the Orange River. My dad had taken them and some of the other school families down on a guided tour down the river this year.

They had taken some beautiful photographs!



























They are a very photographic family and each family member has a camera.

My dad was telling them that I had a blog and that I took photos of everything and how he and my mom were looking to get me a camera for my birthday.

When my dad was about to leave their house, the lady came out with a beautiful Panasonic camera that she didn't use anymore. She said it was virtually brand new! It had been so well looked after! My parents were so thrilled at this answer to their prayers!

My dad shared this testimony with quite a few people, most of whom were amazed!

I had no idea my dad was telling them! l I had no suspicions whatsoever! My dad managed to keep it a secret for a long time!

You can imagine how excited I was when I opened up a beautiful camera of my very own! I was so happy and overwhelmed! I was wanting to buy myself a camera for quite some time, but I was waiting to save up for the R1000 I needed to buy the cheapest camera available! My dad found out that my camera is worth quite a bit - about R3000!

















Excuse the bad hairstyle, but I had just woken up!

I was taking photos of everything, once I had learnt how to use it! Now my camera comes everywhere with me! I must just not lose it!

My camera is nice and small, so I can take pictures 'low down' without having to 'get' down there myself! I can just hold it with one hand and take a picture!

Having a camera is a dream come true! I can now start saving to go on a photography course! I love taking pictures and now it is even more enjoyable!

Nancy gave me a beautiful card she had been working on. She had decorated the inside with stickers! Beth, Gabrielle and Rebekah clubbed together to give me a pony magazine.












Rebekah kept trying to get my card, as you can see in this picture!

This was really a memorable birthday, one I will remember fondly for the rest of my life! My mom says that this birthday definately had the tag: 'from God, with love!'

Blessings,
Kelly-Anne

No comments: