Thursday, February 18, 2010

Baking A Farmhouse Cake With Gabrielle

Tuesday, Gabrielle and I made Farmhouse Cake. It was such a special time with Gabrielle, and I could tell she was really enjoying helping, and it was all worth it when I saw the look on her face when we ate it!

I would really like to share the recipe with you, as well as the photos I took of Gabrielle before and after the cake!

FARMHOUSE CAKE














125g butter
125ml sugar
2 extra large eggs
560ml cake flour
1ml salt
10ml baking powder
3ml bicarbonate of soda
250ml fruit cake mix
250ml sour milk
125ml milk

TIP: if no sour milk, then substitute with 220ml milk and 30ml lemon juice or vinegar.































Beat butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy.



































Sift dry ingredients and add to egg mix.


















Add fruit.

Whisk sour milk and milk together and mix well into dry mix.
Spoon into a well-greased loaf tin and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 55-60 minutes. Cool off slightly before turning onto a wire rack.


















Then lick your spoon! It is the Little Ones favourite thing to do after we bake!

Makes 1 loaf

















We cut the cake into slices and buttered them. We had the cake with tea. Gabrielle was very happy with 'her' cake. When my mom and sisters told me how nicely I made the cake, Gabrielle piped up: "I helped too!"

It was a blessed time with Gabrielle. She felt grown-up that she was helping her big sister! I really encourage you to let your younger sibling help you. It is worth the time and trouble, trust me!

Gabrielle's smile was my reward! (the cake too, of course!)

I hope your week has been wonderful!

Blessings,
Kelly-Anne

No comments: