Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Celebrating My Mom's Birthday

It was my Mom's birthday on Sunday!!

In the morning, I went outside to finish writing in the card I made my mom. I also used this card for Friday Sketchers Challenge. We all (of course not my dad!) paraded into my Mom's room with this card. Then we all went out and then paraded in again with a card from a different child. And so on!!

















We had a quiet, peaceful morning at home.

In the afternoon, we decided to go to the beach. We packed the boogie boards into the back of the bakkie and set off. I didn't put my costume on, because I wasn't going to swim. There was a shark attack at Fish Hoek beach the other day, so I was nervous. I would take pictures of my sisters, from the shore.

When we got to the beach, the black flag was up. The black flag means that the shark spotters cannot see very well into the water. So they cannot see if there is a shark or not. It was also spring high, and it was blowing a gale. Not very pleasant. We decided then to go to Silvermine Dam.

So off we went over Ou Kaapse Weg, to Silvermine Dam. I had my doubts, but I didn't want to express them, as this wasn't my day.














The beautiful Silvermine Dam

Well, we had the best, most amazing, super duper, wonderful, lovely, great and fun afternoon!!! Whooo-hooo! Even I swam in the dam, clothes and all!!

















Rebekah sitting on Daddy's lap

















Gabrielle playing in the shallow waters.

















I had to just take this photo!!!














Nancy and Daddy swimming in the 'deep waters'.

















My mom helped Rebekah splash in ankle deep waters.

And here are some pictures of my sisters:

















Rebekah

















Gabrielle

















Beth














Nancy

I took pictures of my family from the shore.

Gabrielle and Rebekah gave each other hugs!





























































Aren't they cute?














Then we took the walk back to the car! Gabrielle looks very tired in this picture!

We want to go to Silvermine Dam again soon! We had such a lovely time, and we didn't want to leave!!!

When we got home, we ate some milk tart that my mom had made. She was quite happy, because this was the first milk tart, that wasn't runny!

















Hmmmmm, very nice....!

















Beth thought the milk tart was sooooo yummy! Look at the face!

































And here is a picture of our dearest mommy. She is wonderful!!! She manages anything and everything! Nothing is too much trouble for her. She home schools us all. We are very blessed to have her as OUR Mommy!!

"Thank you, Mommy, you are the best, and I love you soooooooo much! Thank you for correcting each of my blog posts and thank you for encouraging me in everything I do!"

"Happy Birthday, Mommy!" from all your girls!

1 comment:

Linnie said...

I agree whole heartedly - you have a very special Mommy and she is a wonderful friend! Please tell her I love her lots and love you and your beautiful sisters too!