Tuesday, October 27, 2009

40 Things I Love About You

On Sunday my dad turned 40!

We weren't able to give my dad a big birthday bash, but my mom did make his favourite pudding ever - a peppermint crisp fridge tart, which he thoroughly enjoyed! He also got a guitar from my granny who lives in Bain's Kloof. We went to visit her on Sunday. Even though the guitar is too small for him, he is very happy to teach us! (he used to play guitar)









































My dad. Lookin good for 40!

Dear Dad, I have listed 40 things (of course, there are many more!) that I love about you:
  1. I love the way you smile.
  2. I love the way you are always willing to say you're sorry.
  3. I love the way you always work so hard to provide for us.
  4. I love the way you are so interested in the things we want to show you.
  5. I love how you are always willing to help me.
  6. I love how you comfort me when I am sad.
  7. I love how, when I have a show, you are at the railing, video recording me and cheering me on!
  8. I love the fact that you have given up your life to raise Nancy, Beth, Gabrielle, Rebekah and I.
  9. I love the fact that you love mommy so much.
  10. I love how you try and serve God wholeheartedly.
  11. I love how you are prepared to teach us and show us things that we don't understand for school.
  12. I love how you are never too tired to give us a kiss and a hug goodnight.
  13. I love how you are willing to help me in my garden, as you realise I am too small to pull out old lavender bushes and too scared to garden near a family of spiders!
  14. I love how you want to teach us more about Jesus and all his miracles.
  15. I love how you thoroughly enjoy reading us God's word.
  16. I love the way you are never scared to try and fail.
  17. I love the way you are willing to persevere through difficult circumstances.
  18. I love how you you view children as a blessing from the Lord.
  19. I love how you love us so much.
  20. I love how you like taking us out to places.
  21. I love how you are such a loyal friend to many people.
  22. I love how you love being a father to all your girls.
  23. I love how you are always trying to live a righteous life.
  24. I love how you are always trying to serve others, often at your own expense.
  25. I love how you consult God in every area of your life.
  26. I love how you have such a teachable spirit and are always willing to learn.
  27. I love how you are so giving and generous, especially to those who are in need.
  28. I love how you love the simple things in life and how you don't need the smart car, mansion and trendy clothing to make you happy.
  29. I love how you love being with us - there is nowhere you would rather be, than with us.
  30. I love how you love to sit with us watching a movie that doesn't really interest you, but you are enthusiastic anyway.
  31. I love how you take responsibility for your family.
  32. I love how you are a man of integrity.
  33. I LOVE your sense of humour!
  34. I love how you are so honest.
  35. I love how you take courage and do what you need to do.
  36. I love how you want to be the best you can be to please God.
  37. I love how you are not scared of hard work and teach us to see work as a blessing.
  38. I love how you get homesick whenever you are away from us.
  39. I love how you are just yourself, you never try to impress anybody.
  40. I love how you have absolutely NO issue whatsoever about turning 40!
Happy Birthday from all us girls!

No comments: