Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Lord Is Faithful!

Yesterday evening, we received a few vegetables from a friend in Knysna. A whole bag full of huge potatoes, a big hubbard squash and a pumpkin.

















She is my Mom's very good friend. She lives on a farm along the Garden Route. The Garden Route is having major droughts currently, there is just no water!

My mom's friend is a very strong believer in The Lord Jesus Christ, and although there are droughts, she is growing vegetables - not just small ones, but BIG ones! The Hubbard squash she sent us was small, compared to others she has grown, and we thought it was huge! The potatoes are the size of my dad's hand! And even though no rain falls, there is always just enough in her rain water tank.

Does God not love us? Is He not faithful? Does He not always provide?

OF COURSE HE DOES!

It is mind-blowing that someone, with so little water, is growing so much, that she even has enough to give away!

I love the song that Michael W. Smith sings 'Forever', that really describes how faithful God is. Listen to it here.

This is true:

My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music. I will praise you, O Lord among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. For great is your love reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth.

Psalms 57:7, 9:11 (NIV)

We are very blessed to have vegetables sent by our friend. Her veg is truly 'grown by God', without a shadow of a doubt!

No comments: