Saturday, May 31, 2014

Chocolate, Orange & Date Slices





These lovely chocolately slices have the subtle tang of orange combined with the sweeter, fruitier flavour of the dates. Serve as fresh as possible and enjoy with a pot of tea and a few dear friends or even after dinner as a light dessert...




Chocolate, Orange & Date Slices



125g Butter

200ml soft Brown sugar

60ml Cocoa Powder

3 free-range Eggs

10ml freshly grated Orange rind

375ml Cake flour

10ml Baking Powder

200ml freshly squeezed Orange juice

250ml chopped, stoned Dates



Melt butter in a saucepan large enough to mix all the ingredients. 

Mix in soft brown sugar, cocoa powder, eggs and orange rind. 

Beat until combined.  Sift in flour and baking powder. 

Mix in orange juice and dates. 

Spread into a greased 20cm x 30cm sponge roll tin (or a cake tin).

Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 30-35 minutes until cooked. 

When cooled, ice with chocolate icing or dust lightly with icing sugar. 

Or serve warm as a dessert with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream or thin custard...



Enjoy!



Recipe Courtesy:  Quick ‘n’ Easy Cakes & Muffins, Biscuits, Slices & More



May you all have a very special weekend!



With love,

Kelly

8 comments:

Ginger Girl said...

Oooohhh yummy! Chocolate and orange are a delicious combination.

Sapphire

Kelly-Anne said...

Oh, yes! I agree! Thank you for your comment, Sapphire:-)

Tane Hannah said...

Oh delicious! I do hope you're planning on making a cookbook one day, it would be simply wonderful.
Tane ♥

Kelly-Anne said...

Thank you so much Tane! I do so appreciate your sweet comment - actually, writing a cookbook is on my bucket list:-). Lots of love to you, friend! Hugs, Kelly

Tarissa said...

Hi Kelly! I'm new to your blog. I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog not long ago. I always love "meeting up" with new people!

This recipe looks so delicious and I may have to try it out. We have some extra dates right now, so this would be the perfect recipe to use them in. Thanks!

Kelly-Anne said...

Hello Tarissa! I'm delighted you've stopped by and I do so hope you try these out:-). I also love meeting new people through blogging and hope to be a regular visitor on your blog! Hope your day is just wonderful!

Love,
Kelly

Kayla Elizabeth said...

I just stumbled upon your blog. :) And I really love it!
These chocolate, orange & date slices look amazing! I am going to have to try them. :}

xxx. Kayla
loveandjoycanchangetheworld.blogspot.com

Kelly-Anne said...

Hello Kayla! Oh, I always love haring from new readers:-). Thank you so much for your sweet comment and I hope you enjoy your visit.

Blessings,
Kelly-Anne