Saturday, May 3, 2014

Warm Apple & Cinnamon Cake

 This lovely moist cake is an absolute treat for chilly afternoon or evening...   
Served warm with ice cream, custard or whipped cream, it is certain bring a smile to every face around the table!

Warm Apple and Cinnamon Cake

300g castor sugar
110g soft butter
5ml vanilla extract
170g cream cheese
2 eggs
200g all-purpose flour
10ml baking powder
pinch salt
60ml sugar
10ml ground cinnamon
2 x 385g tins pie apples, drained and chopped

Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.  
Lightly grease the sides and base of a 20cm springform baking tin.  
Beat castor sugar, butter, vanilla extract and cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until well mixed.  
Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.  
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.  
Add it to the cream cheese mixture in two batches, beating at low speed until combined.  
Combine the sugar and cinnamon, and add this to the batter, reserving a little.  
Add the apples and mix until combined. 
Pour batter into the tin and sprinkle reserved cinnamon sugar evenly over the top.  
Bake until a cake skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.  
Check after 45 minutes and cover with foil if it is browning too quickly.  
Let the cake cool on a wire rack before turning out and serving.


What have you been baking recently?

~ Blessings ~

2 comments:

Jemma E said...

Hi, My name is Jemma- and I have really enjoyed your blog (Found out about it from Tane)! And I've nominated you for The Sunflower Blogger Award- More info here: http://jemmaenglish.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/the-sunflower-blogger-award.html
Thanks,
Jemma
P.S I've read parts of 'Beautiful Girlhood' and I love it!

Kelly-Anne said...

Dear Jemma,

Thank you for nominatng me for 'The Sunflower Award' - I am truly honoured!
Unfortunately I will not be able to share it here as I received it a little while ago... However, I appreciate your thoughtfulness!

So glad you are enjoying reading my blog and that you too have read 'Beautiful Girlhood'. If you haven't yet got this wonderful book on your shelf, might I suggest you enter to win a copy? My giveaway ends on May 9th and you can enter here:
http://kelly-annesblog.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-fifth-year-celebratory-giveaway.html

Thank you again for stopping by!

Much love,
Kelly