Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our Hike to Elsies Peak



On Friday evening we went on a hike up Elsie’s Peak for a sun-downer supper.













It was great fun going up, seeing the views and fynbos.

We took our friend, Storm, with and she really enjoyed it!

We left at about 4:30pm and we got back at about 8:00pm.

When we got to the top we got out the rolls and ate heartily-we were sooooo hungry!

Storm however, was unable to enjoy our meal of tuna rolls, as she is allergic to tuna!

She had Easter eggs instead! (Not much of a supper!)










We were at the top for quite a while, just enjoying the wind (that nearly blew us off the mountain) and the amazing view from the top!





After we had finished taking pictures and eating, we headed down for the long walk home.

The walk wasn’t too bad. Once or twice we fell and skidded on the rocks!


Storm was a life saver, she remembered her torch!


We were all so grateful to see the car parked on the grass!


When we got home, I made some hot chocolate for us all.

My dad showed my mom the pictures, as she and Gabrielle could not come.

I must say, I am rather stiff today!

I think I have done my walking for the week!

No comments: