Wednesday, October 30, 2013

52 Crafts in 52 Weeks – Week Thirty Two


With October almost at an end and Christmas fast approaching, it is time to begin turning our thoughts to all things Festive.  Mom, Nancy and I have been going through all her and Granny’s old Christmas magazines the last few days, looking for some fun projects to make over the coming season.

This weekend will see us older girls in the kitchen baking our Christmas fruit cake.  After having great success last year, we have established the baking of our own Christmas cake as a firm tradition.  We’ll have to give some thought to its decorating, though...

I started off this week with some festive sewing.  The beautiful fabric reindeer ornament featured in the December 2012 issue of Crafts Beautiful was the project I decided to undertake and I must admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the process.  My mom helped me with the finishing touches as I am not 100% comfortable with attaching ears and eyes to any stuffed animal!  As it is my little reindeer (which has been christened Rosy) has to live with a terrible nose...
 I used my gorgeous vintage fabric to make Rosy so you might say she is quite a special reindeer...
 

 With only ten more weeks left in 2013, I’d better get a move on with sharing the projects I tackled this year!  There are a few Christmassy ideas coming this way very soon, so if you’re feeling a bit uninspired to start with your festivities, be sure to take a look at the loveliness I have planned for next week:-)

Do you celebrate Christmas?  If so, what is your favourite thing about this season?

Kelly-Anne

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw the rain beer, is to cute I love, love IT, I wish that I had one, oh and its nose is NOT ugly! It is big and cute.
love grace xxx-ooo

Ginger Girl said...

Cute job on the Reindeer(a.k.a. Rosy :) Can't wait for some of your upcoming projects!!!!

Sapphire

Kelly-Anne said...

Thank you Grace - you're very loyal:-) Kelly Xxxx

Kelly-Anne said...

I've been so busy this past month that I just haven't gotten round to sharing more of my crafts, so they'll probably all come at once! Thank you for your comment, Sapphire! Love, Kelly xxx