Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Rebekah's Birthday Card


Hello everyone, after a few weeks break, I’m back with another creation! I am excited to say that I won over at Mami Doodles Challenge and I had the choice of any digi image as my prize! I hope to use it on a card soon!


Rebekah turned two on the third of June. Little ones don’t really understand what cards are or appreciate them, so I made it for more as a keepsake.
So here is my card:


I love this paper and these are my favourite colours! I bought these papers at a scrapbook shop in Jeffery’s Bay over Easter time. It is supposed to be an Easter range, but I think it suits a little girl’s birthday very well with all the hearts, dots and birds!


I used a Sugar Nellie Stamp which I think looks very much like Rebekah and she also loves to play on the swing! The felt flower on the paperclip was given to me by a friend, along with some other colours; I just changed the silver gem for a pink one.


The sentiment says ‘Happy Birthday Sweet Rebekah’. I wanted it to say ‘Happy Birthday Dearest Sister’, but then I realised my mom and dad were going to write in the card so that idea didn’t work! I also put three heart brads on the top right-hand corner.


I won this funky ribbon over at Heidi’s Crafts and it worked perfectly with this card and really suited it!


This is my sweetest little sister, Rebekah and she is the joy of our lives!
I would also like to enter the following challenges:

Bearly Mine - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes with optional use of buttons
Craft your Passion - Anything Goes
KB Cute Monday - Anything Goes
Stamps R Us - There was a Little Girl

I hope you like my card!

Blessings,
Kelly-Anne

8 comments:

Nannieflash said...

A really beautiful card and Im sure young Rebekah will love it.Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

Angie said...

Great card love the image and the fresh colours. Thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
Angie x

Heidi-Mari said...

Hey Kelly!
Rebekah’s card is beautiful!! The image really does look like her! Glad you could use the ribbon you won!
Have a blessed weekend
Lots of Love
Heidi
P.S. I LOVE your new blog header!!! It’s really nice and Nancy looks SO sweet, like a real lady in that pink dress with such a pretty hat!!

Cards By MI said...

What a lovely card you have made. Love the wonderful colours you have used. Thanks for playing with us over at BMC this time.
Love n hugs
Marie

Shan said...

Your card is as adorable as young Rebekah. I bet she will love it.
Thank you so much for joining us for "Anything Goes" at Craft Your Passion Challenges. Good Luck :)

Shannin

gina g said...

Hi Kelly this is such a gorgeous darling i love the image and you've coloured it beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine this time. luv gina xx

Tracey Manderson said...

Gorgeous card Kelly, i hope you keep crafting, your cards are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenges.
Hugs
Tracey xx

Kelly-Anne said...

Dear Tracey, thank you for your lovely comment! I certainly hope I can keep on crafting, nothing is as relaxing as card making and papercraft!! Lots of love and many blessings,
Kelly-Anne

Heidi: Sooo glad you like my new blog header - much better than the borning flowers! Love you lots! Kxx

Thank you all for taking the time to leave me some love...it is most appreciated! Kelly-Anne