Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Amazing (G)race

Are you prepared to embark on the most amazing race of your lifetime? I am! In fact, I started on this wonderful race when I was about ten years old. You see, Jesus found me and saved me.  And He wants to save you too! He loves and is gentle and He gave His life for all those who ask Him to take over their lives and this gift is free, absolutely FREE!!!

When you enter on this race you have to let go of your old self – Jesus comes and dusts all the cobwebs out of your heart and makes you new. Each time you have a problem He is there to help you and comfort you in times of distress or mourning. All you need to do is pray!

He requires lots of you as He is a jealous God...no hanging onto to itsy bitsy threads of the old, rotten life. But the wonderful things is, once you know Him and accept Him into your life, there is no need for anything else! Friends may disappoint you, life may let you down, but Jesus never forsakes you – NEVER!

In Deuteronomy 31 verse 6 it says: “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Isn’t that a wonderful promise? Sometimes I feel down or alone, but I just need to hang onto that verse and never let go!

I have called this journey the amazing (g)race. The G is in parenthesis because God gives us the grace to run the race of life when we ask for it!

“From the fullness of his grace we have received one blessing after another.” John 1:16

When I was very small, perhaps Beth and Gabrielle’s age, I used to watch the Amazing Race on T.V. I used to love it because the contestants had to do brave things in order to finish the race.
However the T.V. program turned slightly sour and we were not allowed to view it any more.

Nancy and I still played the Amazing Race with friends and we had so much fun. When we went camping with friends in the forest we always played this game and were given different tasks by the grown-ups (usually those which helped our parents like collecting firewood, etc.).

Now, later on in life, I am reminded of the fun we used to have and I want to play it again, not quite like we used to though. I want to play the Real Race and run it well for my Lord. Sometimes life gets a little hard and there is very little fun and in order to keep faith we have to go back to the Bible, back to the promises God made in the beginning of time. We have to view this journey not as a dull thing that we trudge till the day we die, religiously praying for meals and going to church. We should view it as an exciting race – we should view thanking the Lord for our meals as a blessing; some families don’t have food on their table. And what about going to church? We shouldn’t view it as a Sunday morning thing...Jesus is not just around on Sunday mornings. He is with us ALL THE TIME! Every day and every night He is with us. Worship Him whenever you have a chance and praise Him for all the mighty things He has done for you and your family.

I encourage you to run you race well as Paul talks about in II Timothy Chp 4 verse 7:

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day.”

“However I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me.” Acts 20:24

“The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong.” Ecc 9:11

Anyone can enter on this race. If you haven’t, now is the time! The race is not just to the swift and neither is it to the strong, it is for people like you and me, sinners who need a saviour! I pray the Lord will be with you and that you will run this race to the End!

Blessings,
Kelly-Anne

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.” Hebrews 12:1-3

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that post with us, Kelly-Anne. I found it very inspiring.

se7en said...

Wonderful post, Great job!!! All the work you put into it was well worth it!!! Hope you have a good week!!!

Kelly-Anne said...

Dear Jessica, thank you for stopping by! I am so glad you found it inspiring! Have a blessed week - Kelly-Anne

Dear Se7en...hope you have a good week, too! Appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment! Thank you, love Kelly-Anne

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kelly-Anne Your words and testimony are encouraging and a blessing to me :) lots of love, Karyn