Monday, January 27, 2014

52 Crafts in 52 Weeks - Week Thirty Four

Happy Monday everyone!  As you can see, I did not quite finish the challenge I set myself last year to do 52 new craft projects in just 52 weeks. I did manage to make almost all the gifts I needed in 2013, though and I learnt so much through all my dabbling.  Thus I have decided to carry on crafting in 2014 and complete the rest of the 52 projects.

And now let me show you my first craft for 2014 – I am so excited to share it with you!  Last year October, Nancy received a button covering kit and today I had the chance to try it out.  Nancy has made her buttons into magnets as well as used them on various sewing and crafting projects as embellishments. 

The uncovered buttons, which come in various sizes and can be purchased from just about any craft store, are a little pricey, but once they are covered with beautiful fabric you won’t regret spending those few extra cents!  They add such a wonderful dimension to any handmade item and make a gift look extra special...

Here are a few ideas for using them...

Larger covered buttons can be used as gorgeous little fridge magnets.  We put a few coordinating button magnets together as little gifts for the ladies’ Christmas crackers last year.



Use smaller buttons on cards, gift tags or even scrapbook pages.  You can either cover the buttons with a large print fabric to create an abstract look or a small print fabric such as one with tiny roses for a more intricate look...

 
Instead of putting regular buttons on a dress or shirt that you’ve made, cover a button with matching fabric and use that instead...

What have you been busy with lately?

Crafty Greetings,
Kelly-Anne

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww all of these idea's are cute, and pretty! Lovely post Kelly, and I hope you will reach your goal! :D Buttons are Awesome! Grace xxx ♥ :)

Chloe said...

Very pretty!!! blooming-maiden.blogspot.com

Kelly-Anne said...

Thank you, Chloe! How lovely to have you stop by and become a follower! Welcome:-) Have a blessed day!

Love, Kelly