Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Life Lately...

As I write this post, I am listening to Nancy practicing piano and the chattering of the other girls as another chilly day of school is begun… 

June has brought plenty of nippy weather and excuses to light a fire in the little coal stove…but even though there is a comforting blaze to keep the cold away, we can still feel the chilly air rush though the house whenever a door is opened…  This makes venturing outside a task only the bravest of us can undertake.

As I have been a bit absent of late due to internet challenges, I thought I’d round-up a few of the things we have been busy with – I do hope you enjoy this little peek into our lives…

 {Watching}


Every so often we spend a delightful evening curled up on the couch watching Larkrise to Candleford - I shall be very sad when we are finally through with this series – big sniff… {Review coming later this month.}

{Playing}


Nancy and I played in church again this Sunday past, along with our wonderful music teacher and a few of her other pupils…  I played cello for a few of the hymns and recorder for another while Nancy played violin…  We also have coming music exams to prepare for…exciting, busy times ahead to be sure!

{Celebrating}


The completion of a study on Italy brought about a delicious Italian feast, lovingly and beautifully prepared by Nancy and Beth…  {Stay posted for more photographs and recipes coming soon!}


Rebekah celebrated her fifth birthday on June the 3rd, so we took her out to the local park for a mini party…

{Eating}

 What could be more comforting than a bowl of hot tomato soup on a stormy day?  We’ve been enjoying some lovely homemade soups of late…
{Changes}

June has brought some changes to our lives…after almost a year and a half of working every Saturday morning at the local farmer’s market at a coffee stall, Nancy and I made the decision to resign and stay home… 

{Crafting}


Now that Nancy and I no longer work on a Saturday morning, we are very keen to launch our little Etsy shop...  There is still plenty to do, but in between the tiresome little bits that go along with any business endeavor, we are enjoying our crafting… 
Oh, I will be so excited to announce we’re officially open for business! 

{Listening}

Whilst clicking my knitting needles or adding a few more stitches to my piece of embroidery in front of the cozy fire, I’ve been listening to the audio version of The Railway Children by E. Nesbit with my sisters…

{Other Miscellaneous Things I’m enjoying lately}

 //Sweet sisters…
//Daily walks with Izzie…
//Tea in the early mornings with Jesus…
//A fresh new blog design by Tane

What does the lovely month of June bring you?  What are you enjoying lately?

~ Blessings, dearest readers ~

4 comments:

Urban Homestead South Africa said...

What a lovely look into your lives.

Kelly-Anne said...

Dear Aunty Wendy,

Lovely to have you stop by! Hope you're doing well?

Blessings,
Kelly-Anne

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, Kelly-Anne :) I loved all the pictures- they were all so sweet! Hope you're having a beautifully blessed week <3

~Libby

Kelly-Anne said...

Dear Libby,

Thank you so much for your visit and your sweet comment!

Much love,
Kelly-Anne