Saturday, April 19, 2014

The Ballet Shoes {A Birthday Party}


I love birthday parties.  I love planning them.  Most of all, I love seeing how everything comes together so beautifully on the day... 
I had the privilege of helping my mother and sister organise a ballet themed party for Gabrielle who turned seven on Thursday the 17th of April. 
All the decor and most of the party food had to be in baby pink and white and reflect a dancing theme... 
This is what we came up with, although I must add that it was primarily Nancy’s genius that found all the ideas for the small touches that made this party as spectacular as it was!

 The party table...


...The cake...  

~ "A party without cake is just a meeting." - Julia Child ~

Nancy, Beth and I made this sweet cake together – I baked it, colouring the sponge different shades of pink while Nancy spent hours making the fondant roses, leaves and ballet slippers.  Beth and I iced the outside of the cake with rose butter cream icing and Nancy completed it with the fondant lovelies and some pink glitter...

Nancy made and decorated these biscuits...


The almost complete party table laden with a delicious looking feast!  We found so many ideas for a ballet themed party off the internet as well as in a few magazines.  Don’t you think the ‘dancing’ juice bottles are perfect...and the straws and serviettes!?  ...Oh, how I love having a baking shop nearby that stocks such wonderful party goodies...


Aren’t they just four gorgeous little ballerinas?  And all in pink too!  From left to right:  Beth (9) Sofia (2) Gabrielle (7) and Rebekah (4).

Each sweet girl received a pink lace hair band embellished with a fabric flower...  The adorable tutu Gabrielle is wearing was a gift from Mommy and Daddy which Mommy made...  Of course she loved it!  (Tutu tutorial can be found here.)

Rebekah
Sofia enjoying herself...

The beautiful birthday girl!

Love these girls!


May your weekend be blessed,
Kelly-Anne

2 comments:

Heidi-Mari said...

Wow Kelly! Beautiful pictures and beautiful party! When I saw that picture of the girls sitting on the couch I said ‘Thats the friend I met 7 years ago!!” Beth looks just like you when you were that age, and we met! Can’t belief it’s so long ago!Your sisters are beautiful! Miss you lots!

Kelly-Anne said...

My lovely friend! Thank you! I agree, Beth looks a lot like I did at her age... How time does fly... I remember the sweet times we spent together at that age, playing such wonderful games! Miss you too and hope you and your family are very well?

Lots of love,
Kelly-Anne