We all sung the song as little children in Sunday School, but do we actually believe it? Does Jesus really love us...treasure us? Does He look upon us as His own beautiful creations? Read on if you are not convinced He does...
1. He made you. Perfectly, creatively, beautifully, amazingly, fearfully, wonderfully... You are perfect in His eyes.
“Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.” Jeremiah 1:5”
2. He cares for you in ways that you cannot. No one here on this earth could possibly consider your well-being more than Jesus does.
“The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him.” Nahum 1:7
“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7
3. He listens to you. Even though you may not be convinced, He hears every one of your prayers; He listens. He may not answer right in that moment, but He does listen.
“I call on you, O God, for you will answer me and hear my prayer.” Psalm 17: 6
4. He rebukes you. A good father is quick to correct His precious child... He does this lovingly and has their best interests at heart. Your heavenly father will rebuke you, too.
“For you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” Psalm 23:4
“He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.” Proverbs 13:24
5. He loves you. No father can love His child as much as the Saviour loves you. His love is incredible and unconditional...
“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?” Romans 8:35
6. He is near to you. You may not realise it, but even when He feels so far away, so distant, He is still so near...
“The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.” Proverbs 15:3
“The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in truth.” Psalm 145:18
7. He provides for you. Even if you’re not so sure, He does provide. We may not enjoy all the luxuries this life on earth has to offer. We may find ourselves in a situation that leads us to believe that He doesn’t care about us but let me assure you He does!
“If that is how God clothes the grass of the field that is here today, and tomorrow thrown into the fire, how much more will He clothe you?” Luke 12:28
“God will supply all your needs.” Philippians 4:19
8. He protects you. Think back on all the instances in your life when you were so close to tragedy... Not only did Jesus reach out and catch you, He was also there to hear your cries for help.
Bad things do happen in the lives of those who believe the Gospel, but Jesus never promised we’d be free from suffering. He just promised that He’d be there. In difficult, painful times He comforts, heals, uplifts and carries...
“Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers them all.” Psalm 34:19
9. He forgives you. He does and always will. Nothing can separate us from the love of our heavenly Father, not even our most awful sin.
I was reading in Corrie Ten Boom’s devotional, I Stand at the Door and Knock this morning about this very thing. Jesus loves you, blemishes, sin and all.
If we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us and make our hearts clean. 1 John 1:9
10. ...He died for you. Jesus made you so perfectly, cares for you so incredibly, listens to you so intently, rebukes you so gently, is near to you at all times, loves unconditionally, forgives you willingly and comforts you so gently...
He died, giving up His life as a living sacrifice for our sin.
He wants us to know Him, accept Him into our hearts and look forward to eternal life with Him...
“God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
Dear friend, if today you feel like Jesus is not there for you, doesn’t care about you and certainly doesn’t love you, then think again. He does – He wants you to be His child, He is waiting, waiting...
~ I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in. ~
Linking up to:
Linking up to:
Blessings dear friends,