Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Tending Our Gardens




What grows in your garden?

No, I am not talking about the colourful flowerbeds that grace the cobbled footpath to your front door or even the beautiful kitchen garden to the side of your house, bursting with seasonal goodness…

I am referring to your heart and what you are allowing to grow in it.
 What are you nurturing?  Is there a small seed of jealousy, anger, resentment or bitterness threatening to take root?  Or is unforgiveness choking the beauty you’ve been striving to grow in abundance lately?

“Guard your heart more than anything else, because the source of life flows from it.  Proverbs 4:2”

“A tranquil heart makes for a healthy body, but jealousy is like bone cancer.”  Proverbs 14:30

Let us take a moment to examine our hearts and be careful we aren’t allowing weeds to germinate and grow which will later lead to our destruction… 

“If we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us and make our hearts clean.  1 John 1:9”

Tuesday blessings dear friends,
Kelly-Anne

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Dearest friend, what a timely post with Spring here and everyone thinking about gardens. We must never forget the garden that grows in our hearts...

Sweet Kelly-Anne, this post was wonderful! You worded everything perfectly and you used the Lord's Holy Word to show us how important it is to guard our hearts...thank you, my friend. Love and blessings to you!

Kelly-Anne said...

Dearest Stephanie...how it blesses my heart to know this spoke to you today and that you enjoyed it, very dear friend!
This morning I felt led to share it, for this I wrote quite some time ago when pondering the importance of guarding our hearts!
And may I just say, the sight of the darling goodies you sent me makes me smile in delight every time I see it - oh! May the Lord richly bless you for the sunshine you spread in the lives of others, Stephanie!
Hugs and love to you and pray your weekend is a beautiful one!