Tuesday, June 18, 2013

52 Crafts in 52 Weeks - Week Twenty


Who doesn’t love lace with its beautiful and intricate designs and patterns?  When I saw the gorgeous lace earrings featured in August 2012’s Ideas Magazine, I just knew I had to give them a try!

 

These lovely earrings are so feminine and extremely easy to make.  They would also make wonderful stocking fillers or could well be used to make this card.

 

Here are the instructions if you would like to make a few pairs for yourself or for a special friend...

You Will Need:

A piece of lace (not too thin and with a clear motif)
earring hooks
pliers
needlework scissors
modge podge or starch
paintbrush

To Make:

Cut two of the same motif from a piece of lace.
Working on a plastic bag cut open, paint modge podge over the lace motifs and leave to dry.  If you have starch, you can use it instead.
Make a little hole in each piece of lace, open the earring hooks and insert one through each earring.
If you prefer to have pure white earrings, you can bleach the lace before you begin.


Have a blessed week friends!

Kelly-Anne

4 comments:

Heidi-Mari said...

Thats beautiful my friend! Well done!

Ginger Girl said...

Too cute:) I'm defiantly making these for my mom, plus I already have all the supplies!
Hair Stylist:)

Kelly-Anne said...

My dear friend ~ thank you! Your comment has made my day:-) Miss you lots<3 Kelly xxx

Kelly-Anne said...

Thank Hair Stylist:-) I made a few more earrings yesterday to use on cards and they turned out great... Have fun!! Kelly x