Monday, July 2, 2012

The Life of Izzie: Part 4


Hello everyone, it's Izzie here again with another update on my life as a Jack Russell Terrier pup living on a farm with loads of people and animals.  You may notice this post is very late, but it is absolutely all Moms’ fault, not mine!


^ Aunt Rebekah and I playing in the field.  Just after this photo was taken, I jumped up onto her and knocked her to the ground, hoping for a game but all I got were screams and a rather flustered Mom who came to her sister’s rescue.  Sigh.  I really was hoping for a game...


^ Posing.

The family haven’t been up to very much lately, they’ve been very busy on the farm, hence the late post and so I’ve been doing things on my own quite a bit. However, Mom always does some sort of training with me each day otherwise I become completely out-of-control and misbehaved:( (I’ve mastered a number of tricks and now I’m on to learning how to dance on my hind legs!)

^ Winter is cuddle time!

About two weeks ago, the weather was so miserable and cold that everyone stayed cooped up inside with the fire going and I had to stay inside too, otherwise I think I would have frozen! My special spot was under the wood stove and that is pretty much where I stayed till Mom came to get me for a walk or to take me to bed. I love bedtime, when I snuggle up under Mom’s duvet and dream about warm days and things to chase.


^ I am so glad the weather has warmed up a little – I love sunshine!

But now I have happy days again that involve the morning milking session (I am allowed to come with and lend a paw in the mornings now!), chores done by the family while I sleep under the wood stove, followed by a short training session. Later I’ll go for a walk or play games with Mom in the garden. I usually get a bone to chew on while the family is busy with school etc.

Unfortunately I have had news from Mom that I am going to have an operation this month – I have to be sterilised and that involves a whole day without food!  I don’t really like the vet because each time I’ve gone there so far, it was to have an injection.  The cats went last month and they said it wasn’t too bad, but I’m not too sure...I’ll let you know though!


^ How do you like my pawtograph?

Before that happens though, my Mom and two of her sisters are going to visit friends of theirs in Sedgefield on Wednesday and they’re TAKING ME!! I have a play-date with Scamper, their family dog, who is a Border Collie! Be sure to check back soon for some photos of our fun together and to meet them now, visit their new blogs here and here!

Till then,
Izzie

2 comments:

Kaelah Michelle said...

Kelly, Izzie is soooooooo cuuute me and Scamper cant WAIT to meet her!!!!

see you on Wednesday.

Kelly-Anne said...

Yippeee! See tomorrow Kaelah and Scampy:)