Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Daring Cardmakers - If The Shoe Fits...

This week, my mom and I made a 40th birthday card for a friend. Daring Cardmakers' challenge was: 'If The Shoe Fits'. Quite an interesting challenge, but plenty of fun!

Here is my card:






















I used beautiful paper from our local craft shop - we literally walked in and found exactly what we wanted! Our friend loves black and white!
















It is a very fancy card!

















As our friend is turning 40, I made a big '40' on silver card stock, which I mounted on black. The black circle I glittered, to make it stand out a bit. The pop-outs I put them on also helped to 'lift' it from the page!


















I used my silver gems for the corners.






















I used a Victorian style boot, and used black eyelets for the holes and ribbon for the shoelaces. My mom then tied a bow at the top! I also glittered the boot!






















I also wanted to show you some of the mini cards I made this week. We have friends from Knynsa coming to stay with us for a night on Thursday, and it is the lady's birthday, so I made her a card . We have another friend there, and my mom wanted to send her a card too, so she will receive her card via our friends, as they also know her!

















The birthday card

















The card for my mom's friend

















I also made a card for my friend Hannah, who is the daughter of the family visiting

I made them out of scrap pieces of card stock, and handmade paper which our friends from England gave to me. They also gave me the little embellishments, which I put in the middle of the card!

I love the cardmaking time with my mom on a Tuesday! We have so much fun!

Blessings,
Kelly-Anne

No comments: