Monday, January 7, 2013

Redberry Farm and an update

No...I haven’t dropped off the face of the earth just yet!

I am sure many of you will agree with me that too often things get a little out of control.  Or sometimes there are too many exciting activities and events going on to blog – much as I do enjoy it.  I shall not even attempt to describe all the reasons for my terribly long absence!  We have had an absolutely marvelous holiday with Dad home.  But the other evening I suddenly decided it was high time for a little update on my blog...

Before I get too carried away in a whirl of words – happy New Year!  Isn’t it strange to think that 2012 has been and gone already??  I pray that each of you will have a blessed 2013 and that you will get to know our Lord and Saviour more and more as each day goes by!

I feel very blessed to say that I managed to complete the '52 Weeks 52 Verses in 2012 Challenge'  – all except one-and-a-half verses.  If anyone wishes to take part in this challenge this year, then please visit the challenge blog here.  I can assure you that you will find yourself another step closer to God by the end of it – '52 Weeks 52 Verses' was an amazing challenge in 2012 and I am so excited to do it again!!  I actually missed a good many weeks of memorizing last year, so I had to catch up very quickly.  Instead of choosing one verse a week, I was literally choosing one a day!

On Monday we visited Redberry Farm in George to pick strawberries.  

Redberry Farm is so beautiful and they have a lovely venue for their restaurant.  The little ones played beautifully on the jungle gym and enjoyed watching the rabbits and guinea pigs in their large enclosure.  Pony rides and mini train rides were also available for the children, as well as plenty of green grass to play on.

 

We arrived at about 9am so Mom and Dad could have a cup of coffee and watch the girls play.  Afterwards Nancy rode with the three younger girls on the cute miniature train.  Their route was through the berry field, though a tunnel and a little way around the farm.  If I wasn’t taking the photos, I would also have asked for a ride...



...There was also big strawberry board with holes made for little people to stick the hands and heads through...

 

 


Five of the six girls in our family picked strawberries.  Mom helped Rebekah while Dad entertained little Sofia on the side. 

Riiiiight...!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
...The best part was the eating...

 

Mom bought a few extra punnets of berries from the farm shop, so I made a delicious batch of strawberry jam the next morning, as well as some strawberry flavoured ice cream which was divine! 

Next summer if all goes well, we should harvest a decent amount of strawberries from our own plants.  From our 8 or 10 ‘mother’ plants we have propergated close to 100 baby plants which will hopefully produce in abundance for this strawberry loving family! 

...I have so much more I want to share with you – photos of our festivities and celebrations and also of my sixteenth birthday party, but I shall do that another day...I hope to post a lot more regularly now that everything is quietening down again... 

Lots of love,
Kelly-Anne

P.S.  My first verse for 2013 is:
 
The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in truth. Psalm 145:18

No comments: