Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sensational Sewing Challenge #5...........

















Yippee! The festive season has arrived and with that comes activities and things to do in order to get ready! My new sewing challenge theme then is..........Christmas!!! I would love to see anything to do with Christmas! Decorations are fun to make so why don’t you get sewing and enter my challenge?















I have another surprise for you........The winner of this month’s challenge will win a PRIZE!!!  I will send the prize anywhere in the world so now you have to enter:D



This is what you can win!  Buttons, ribbons and flowers to add to your sewing kit!!





















My example is a mini felt Christmas stocking.  I found this idea in a book called 'Fun to do - Presents' by Irene Newington.   
up on your Christmas tree!  Your are done!
1.  Trace a stocking template twice onto a piece of red felt.  Cut out.  Cut a snowman shape out of white felt and a hat shape out of black felt. 

2.  Using blanket stitch, attach the snowman and hat onto the front piece of your stocking. 

3.  Glue some gold stars onto your stocking for decoration.

4.  Sew a piece of lace on to the top of the stocking, then join the two stocking pieces together with blanket stitch.  Draw a little face on your snowman.

5.  Attach a piece of gold thread to your stocking so you can hang it
Before I go, I would like to thank my mom, HazelCeliah Ann and my sister, Nancy, for entering my sewing challenge last month for ‘something useful’. The winner, randomly drawn by meee is.......

Who made these adorable little crayon rolls!

Congratulations, Mom! Here is your winner's button:


Now it is your turn to show me your Christmas makes:)  Below are the guidelines for entering so please just take a short moment to read through them before linking up:)

You can enter using your blog, or if you don’t have a blog of your own, then you are more than welcome to email your entry to me!

Create a new post (no back-linking allowed!) on your blog with at least one photograph of your finished product.
Or
Email me your entry to me with also at least one photograph of the finished product. I will enter it on your behalf, so make sure you come back and check out your entry!

Make sure you also acknowledge where you got your pattern or inspiration from.

Please link back to Beautiful Girlhood so that others may enter too, or use my sewing challenge button in your post. (Email entries don’t apply)

You may enter as many times as you like, but with a different project each time!

 

Leave your entry with Inlinkz below – please note that you must leave a direct link to your blog post so that I can find it easily and leave you some love!!

Leave a comment on a few entries around yours, everybody loves comments!

You are more than welcome to have a little help with your sewing (my mom helps me a lot)! This challenge is open to anyone of any age!

Sensational Sewing Challenge – 'Christmas' closes on the 31st of January, 2012

I cannot wait to see your creations this month!!
Kelly-Anne


3 comments:

Loving Learning said...

Hi Kelly Ann, your blog is lovely, I have nominated you for an award! Please see details here :http://mzshome.blogspot.com/2011/12/liebster-blog-award.html

BEx said...

Hi Kelly, I can make blog buttons, and am happy to make one for you. Just leave me a comment over at http://lollipopbex.blogspot.com/ with your email address. God Bless. BEx

BEx said...

Hi this is BEX again. I just got a public email address if you want to email me at lollipopbex@gmail.com. BEx