Friday, December 5, 2014

Favourite Fictional Reads for the Holidays...



 
  I thought I would share a few of my very favourite books with you just in case you felt like curling up and reading sometime during the holidays...  I do not read as much as I would like to, mainly because I always seem to have a 101 other things I need to do, but also because I love to live in a story and once I am in it, I am afraid it is only the end of the book that brings me back to reality!  However, these books are beautifully written and truly inspiring... I am sure you will enjoy...

The Curate of Glaston Inspiring, moving, faith building, arousing.  The Curate of Glaston tells the story of curate Thomas Wingold - his awakening and the way in which he helps the people of Glaston to come to know the True God.  Written by George MacDonald, this is a wonderful trilogy, especially for the new believer...

A Lineage of GraceThe stories of the five unlikely women who changed eternity – Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba and Mary. Beautifully written by Francine Rivers, this book shows the wonderful grace and forgiveness that God extends even to the most unworthy person...

ChristyOn hearing a missionary speak about the great need in Appalachia, nineteen year old Christy Huddleston feels called to go to the heights of Cutter Gap to teach the children there...  As Christy begins to teach school, she is faced with more challenges than just the lack of textbooks...  Written by Catharine Marshall.  Read my complete review here.

Please feel welcome to share a few of your favourites too...

Note:  I would personally recommended these books for ages 15+...

7 comments:

Sarah Violet said...

I love reading! I have never heard of the first two books, but I have heard of the third, I think my sister watched the movie... I could be wrong.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info about books that are a blessing. I also love all Grace livingston hill.

Sarah Violet said...

My sister has lots of books by Grace Livingston Hill! She really likes them.

Kelly-Anne said...

I have never heard of them - thank you for sharing dear ladies!

Kelly-Anne said...

Aw! Christy is the most amazing book I have ever read! Blessings to you, Sarah:)

Stephanie said...

What a lovely list of fiction books, dear Kelly-Anne. I have read Christy several times, but I have not read the other two that you mentioned. As a lover of books I will have to look into them :) Thank you so much for sharing.

And thank you for the delightful visits to my blog. Reading you comments are a blessing. Have a wonderful day!

Kelly-Anne said...

Having you pay me a visit blessed me today, thank you, dear Stephanie!! And I must just tell you, I made your gorgeous felt ornaments today - what fun they were to make!!! Thank you so much for sharing:). Christy is the sweetest and most thought-provoking book...I love it! Hope you have a very blessed evening! Love, Kelly