Friday, March 7, 2014

52 Crafts in 52 Weeks – Week Thirty Six


I confess.  I have been suffering from a mild case of writer’s block for far too long!
Have you ever experienced the feeling when nothing you say seems to make any sense and the words before you fade into an incomprehensible blur?  I know many of my fellow bloggers have, so I shall take comfort in that thought and the knowledge that the majority of them have recovered and have gone on to write such beautiful posts for all their readers to enjoy.

But I must tell you that it was only the thought of the now 102 followers anticipating my next post that made me resolve to find a cure.  And I think I have found it – thankfully!  
I really couldn’t be absent for too long - blogging has been a part of my life for the past five years and not sharing and writing would be more than I could possibly bear!

Seeing as I have now filled you in on this important piece of information, I will move on to my next craft in the 52 week challenge I set myself for 2013.  I know that it is actually March 2014, but because I wasn’t able to complete my goal last year, I decided to continue crafty blogging this year:-)

And this week’s craft is…

Homemade Mint and Orange Body Scrub made from only natural ingredients!


Body scrub makes a wonderful gift for friends and family who enjoy the odd pamper...  And this one contains ingredients that can be found in just about any kitchen and garden so you can make a jar for yourself today if you choose!


Ingredients:

10ml Orange rind
1 Cup brown sugar
120ml Olive oil 
Drop vanilla essence
10ml Chopped mint

To Make:

Mix all the ingredients together and store mixture in an airtight container.  You can also keep the scrub in the refrigerator for a week.  Don’t get any moisture in the container as this may cause the scrub to spoil.
To use, moisten your skin and rub the scrub all over your whole body.  Massage gently then rinse off with warm water.  Don’t use the scrub on cuts or bruises. 

I stored the scrub I wanted to give away in pretty jars and added a ribbon and label.  If you would like to do the same, remember to add the list of ingredients and storage and usage instructions to the label.

Here are a few other ideas for using mint therapeutically…

For tummy troubles: (this one really works!) make a mint infusion to ease indigestion and stomach cramps.  Add a few fresh mint leaves to a cup of boiling water and steep for 10 minutes.  Add honey if you prefer.
As a facial wash: To make a refreshing, cleansing facial wash, add a handful of bruised mint leaves to a pan of cool water.  Leave for 1 hour and then chill in the refrigerator.  Use as desired.
As a breath freshener: Keep your breath fresh by chewing some mint leaves.

Recipes and ideas taken from the March 2010 edition of Ideas Magazine.

Have a very blessed and crafty weekend!

Much love,
Kelly-Anne

1 comment:

Tane Hannah said...

Mmm! So nice. I have really wanted to make a body scrub for a while and now I think I might try this...thanks, Kelly! You have a wonderful blog!
Tane ♥