Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Most Memorable Birthday


On the 22nd we celebrated Beth’s ninth birthday.  How incredible to look back and think of where we were and where we’ve come from since that blessed day I heard my dad’s voice on the phone, telling me I had a new little sister named Beth...


 Beth is now the vibrant young lady who fills our lives with fun.  She is the tomboy in the family who enjoys spending her time baking something yummy or sewing up a dress for her Barbie doll just as much as she loves riding her bike or playing with the dog.  She may be loud and enthusiastic, but she is also very sensitive and feeling...


Beth spent her day reading (her favourite pastime), playing with her sisters and in between creating a decadent Banoffee Pie for the evening’s dessert.  She also helped me prepare her birthday dinner of gourmet hamburgers, learning a few basic things as we went along...  She is a very eager young cook who is desperate to learn and try new things in the kitchen.

*****

Since Beth’s birth I have been privileged enough to become a big sister to three more beautiful little girls.  Gabrielle joined our family when I was ten years old, Rebekah when I was twelve and Sofia when I was fourteen.  It still amazes me to think of how different and truly wonderful our lives are because of them...

Sofia and Rebekah playing together.

On Monday evening, during our toast to the birthday girl, my sisters and I had the wonderful and very exciting surprise to hear we would (God willing) be celebrating again very soon! 
At sixteen years old I get to enjoy the expectation of another gift of life!

Rebekah (4.1 years) cuddling the pony.

Our family now await another precious blessing – the arrival of another arrow for God’s army; another baby in our family...  A sixth sister, a seventh child...

Sofia (1.9 years) playing with Sarafina in the wheelbarrow.

What a very happy way to end such a special day!

6 comments:

Urban Homestead South Africa said...

Hi Kelly-Anne, this is wonderful news, please pass on a hug to your mum and dad. And of course to Beth - happy birthday!

Kelly-Anne said...

Thank you for your positive words, Aunty Wendy:-) Much love! Kelly-Anne

Unknown said...

Hallo Kelly-Anne,

Congratulations!!!!!!!! Please pass on congrats to your folks for me. Lots and lots of love Aunty Pam

Kelly-Anne said...

Thank you Aunty Pam:-) I will do! Much love, Kelly-Anne xxx

Sam (Kom) said...

Happy Birthday Beth :)!!!! And a big congratulation, what wonderful news. Please pass on my love to your Mum. We have moved and are now living in England. We have only been here 3 weeks so far and my boys are loving it. So great to be able to keep up with what you all up to love reading you blog. All my love Sam (Kom) xxx

Kelly-Anne said...

Thank you so much for stopping by, Sam! My mom and dad were actually talking about you the other day and wondering how you and your family were doing! I think you’ve commented on the last few baby announcement posts:-) My mom sends much love to you and wishes you all the best in this new season of your lives. Blessings, Kelly-Anne